Hina Mauka is a growing, dynamic organization looking for passionate, talented individuals with a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of those seeking recovery. We take great pride in helping our clients heal in a safe and supportive environment, using the very best evidence-based practices. As a team, we support, inspire and constantly learn from one another.
Hina Mauka offers a robust benefits package to our regular, full-time employees.Click to see more about our benefits
- Paid Time Off. Hina Mauka offers very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits to employees that increases over their length of employment.
- Holidays. Hina Mauka provides paid time off for 16 annual holidays plus Election Day. Holidays include New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas, Election Day, state holidays, and most federal holidays.
- Health Insurance. Hina Mauka provides the option of health insurance to employees who work 20 or more hours a week through HMSA or Kaiser. Prescription drug coverage and vision is included in these plans. Additionally, dental insurance is provided through HDS.
- ALFAC. Supplemental insurance plans are available through AFLAC.
- Employee Assistance Program. Hina Mauka utilizes an Employee Assistance Program through Work Life Hawaii at no cost to the employee.
- Training. Support is available for work-related workshops.
- Retirement Plan. Hina Mauka has a 403(b) plan that allows for pre-tax contributions by the employee for deferred tax saving.
- Life Insurance. Group life insurance is offered at no cost to the employee.
- Other benefits. Family and medical leave, worker’s compensation, TDI, bereavement leave, and supplemental pay for jury duty are also available.
HINA MAUKA ADMINISTRATION
The mission of Hina Mauka is to foster hope and healing for people recovering from alcohol and substance use disorders and related behavioral health challenges. We work as a team to provide the support needed to help those we serve to change their lives for the better. Our administrative services are based at our Kaneohe office
Teen CARE provides substance abuse prevention treatment services to youth and their families. Services are provided in community and school-based settings. Teen CARE’s prevention programs serve youth ages 10 – 19, as well as providing education and outreach to the general public. Teen CARE’s treatment programs provide services to youth ages 12 – 18.
ADULT TREATMENT PROGRAM
Hina Mauka’s adult substance abuse treatment programs offer Intensive Outpatient Services, Day Treatment, Residential Treatment, and Case Management. Our team of physicians, nurses and counselors work in collaboration with our clients to help them imagine and create a life free of addictions and the hardships that accompany them.
Hina Mauka is expanding to include 16 new beds. We will be hiring and training staff to prepare for our new addition.
This is an exiting opportunity to work in a fast paced and challenging environment. Hina Mauka brings hope, compassion, and care through prevention, treatment and recovery oriented services to individuals, families, and communities adversely affected by alcohol, or substance use disorders, co-occurring mental health issues, and recovery challenges.
For a complete list of current employment opportunities at Hina Mauka, please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=453f1235-5c38-4ccf-96f8-02b7d3844ee6&jobId=246145&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings
MAINTENANCE WORKER – (KANEOHE, OAHU)Click to see more
Under the supervision of the Facilities Supervisor, Maintenance worker maintains the safety of the facility and ensures that daily operations are not interrupted. Maintenance worker facilitates the safety and cleanliness of the Hina Mauka facility.
1. Responsible for the cleanliness, proper maintenance, and repair of the facility and equipment.
2. Maintains the dining room and kitchen functionality, laundry room area, classrooms, lounges and offices.
3. Responsible for safety and cleanliness of public restrooms and lobby area.
4. Executes pick up’s, drop off’s and delivery of maintenance related items as well as the occasional HM related important document.
5. May provides transportation of clients to scheduled appointments as needed.
6. May assist with food service preparation as directed.
7. Assists with ordering, purchasing, and pick up of food, provisions and supplies as needed.
8. Inspects vehicles daily, maintains proper HM vehicle fuel levels and ensures vehicles safety, such as current safety checks, registration and regular oil/filter changes.
9. Delivery of supplies to satellite sites and/or interoffice mail
10. Daily replenishing of supplies throughout the main facility
11. Oversees residential clients with vocational skills that aid in the upkeep of the main facility and teaches them facility related maintenance skills.
12. Follow up with outside vendors to complete maintenance of the main facility as needed.
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Training:
1. High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
2. Experience in carpentry, basic electrical repairs, painting, finishing and vehicle maintenance preferred.
3. Valid Hawaii State driver’s license and a current clean abstract.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to prioritize tasks and functions in diverse job-related duties.
2. Ability to work within a diverse population to include substance abuse, mental health and offenders
3. Ability to manage time appropriately.
Heavy physical effort (lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds); occasional prolonged standing/walking; pushes/pulls or move/lifts heavy equipment/supplies. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases.
Email your resume to email@example.com
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR – (KANEOHE, OAHU)Click to see more
Hina Mauka seeks a Substance Abuse Counselor to provide adult substance abuse treatment in our Residential Facility in Kaneohe.
Deliver care including treatment planning, group and individual counseling
Case management for immediate needs
Communication with collaterals including parole board and case managers
Engage family in discharge planning through family sessions when indicated
Crisis counseling and discharge planning
Timely and sufficient documentation including treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, and reports to collaterals.
Must pass a background check and be able to work with adults
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Ability to take initiative and complete tasks
Ability to work with a various populations, flexible, and positive
Experience with adults, mental health, and/or substance abuse
Experience and/or comfort in facilitating groups
Computer skills such as familiarity with MS office programs and internet required.
CSAC or Master’s Degree preferred. BA in related field with experience may also apply.
Please email resume and cover letter.
TREATMENT ASSOCIATES PER DIEM – KANEOHEClick to see more
Purpose of the position
Treatment Associates are the front line staff who deal directly with our clients. Treatment Associates monitors client activities during non-structured program hours and is responsible for the security and physical conditions of the living environment, and for the safety and well-being of the residential clients. They are able to protect the confidentiality of clients and client records in accordance with all applicable federal regulations. Treatment Associates are expected to participate in job activities with a solution focused attitude that demonstrates respect and positive engagement.
- Serves as the on-duty staff member during non-structured program hours.
- Responsible for managing crisis and other emergencies in the facility and consulting/notifying appropriate program staff.
- Responsible for the fire and safety watch, responding to any client problems and providing appropriate documentation according to companies policies and procedures.
- Provides support to clients during non-structured programming as needed.
- Interprets program handbook to clients. Maintains communication between clients and other staff.
- Maintains clients records, contributes to progress notes, and conducts chart audits.
- Escorts clients to 12 Step meetings, other program functions, and outside functions as needed.
- Coordinates and supervises client activities during non-structured program hours.
- Under the direction of the Medical Director, via R.N., monitors the condition of minor medical conditions. Consults with and reports to R.N. and/or Medical Director regarding client conditions and need for medical attention. Arranges for client transportation for emergency medical care.
- One year experience in a substance abuse treatment setting or psychiatric treatment setting preferred.
- Eligible for certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Valid Hawaii State driver’s license and a current clean abstract.
- Ability to work with and relate to clients with substance abuse disorders, including dually diagnosed.
- Ability to respond calmly and efficiently to stressful situations with crisis management skills.
- Well organized and able to maintain accurate and concise records.
- Ability to be a team-player.
For a list of current employment opportunities at Hina Mauka, please visit
Attention: Human Resources
45-845 Po’okela Street
Kāne‘ohe, Hawai‘i 96744
Tel: (808) 236-2600
Fax: (808) 236-0495