Hina Mauka is a growing, dynamic organization looking for passionate, talented individuals with a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of those seeking recovery. We take great pride in helping our clients heal in a safe and supportive environment, using the very best evidence-based practices. As a team, we support, inspire and constantly learn from one another.
Hina Mauka offers a robust benefits package to our regular, full-time employees.Click to see more about our benefits
- Paid Time Off. Hina Mauka offers very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits to employees that increases over their length of employment.
- Holidays. Hina Mauka provides paid time off for 16 annual holidays plus Election Day. Holidays include New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas, Election Day, state holidays, and most federal holidays.
- Health Insurance. Hina Mauka provides the option of health insurance to employees who work 20 or more hours a week through HMSA or Kaiser. Prescription drug coverage and vision is included in these plans. Additionally, dental insurance is provided through HDS.
- ALFAC. Supplemental insurance plans are available through AFLAC.
- Employee Assistance Program. Hina Mauka utilizes an Employee Assistance Program through Work Life Hawaii at no cost to the employee.
- Training. Support is available for work-related workshops.
- Retirement Plan. Hina Mauka has a 403(b) plan that allows for pre-tax contributions by the employee for deferred tax saving.
- Life Insurance. Group life insurance is offered at no cost to the employee.
- Other benefits. Family and medical leave, worker’s compensation, TDI, bereavement leave, and supplemental pay for jury duty are also available.
HINA MAUKA ADMINISTRATION
The mission of Hina Mauka is to foster hope and healing for people recovering from alcohol and substance use disorders and related behavioral health challenges. We work as a team to provide the support needed to help those we serve to change their lives for the better. Our administrative services are based at our Kaneohe office
Teen CARE provides substance abuse prevention treatment services to youth and their families. Services are provided in community and school-based settings. Teen CARE’s prevention programs serve youth ages 10 – 19, as well as providing education and outreach to the general public. Teen CARE’s treatment programs provide services to youth ages 12 – 18.
ADULT TREATMENT PROGRAM
Hina Mauka’s adult substance abuse treatment programs offer Intensive Outpatient Services, Day Treatment, Residential Treatment, and Case Management. Our team of physicians, nurses and counselors work in collaboration with our clients to help them imagine and create a life free of addictions and the hardships that accompany them.
Hina Mauka is expanding to include 16 new beds. We will be hiring and training staff to prepare for our new addition.
This is an exiting opportunity to work in a fast paced and challenging environment. Hina Mauka brings hope, compassion, and care through prevention, treatment and recovery oriented services to individuals, families, and communities adversely affected by alcohol, or substance use disorders, co-occurring mental health issues, and recovery challenges.
For a complete list of current employment opportunities at Hina Mauka, please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=453f1235-5c38-4ccf-96f8-02b7d3844ee6&jobId=246145&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings
CLINICAL SUPERVISOR – (KAILUA, WCCC)Click to see more
Hina Mauka seeks a Clinical Supervisor to provide clinical supervision to Ke Alaula program staff located at the Women’s Community Correctional Center, monitor day-to-day clinical operations, ensure effective caseload management, and protect confidentiality of clients and client records in accordance with all applicable federal regulations.
- Train, monitor, and evaluate counselor’s work performance and adherence to Hina Mauka’s code of ethics
- Monitor and develop positive working relationship with all referral sources.
- Implement and maintain new program changes as directed by manager or director.
- Report to Manager of Adult Services on the status of the program, adherence to code of ethics, needs, and public relations efforts.
- Collaborate with all Hina Mauka departments to coordinate delivery of treatment services and billing functions.
- Provide overall supervision, assign work, document staff performance, counsel, support, motivate, and advise staff members. Recommend personnel actions such as selection, evaluations, promotion, staffing, and discipline within the guidelines of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action programs and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Motivates staff in a positive manner; develops teamwork in accepting and practicing the policies and procedures of the department. Communicates updated and new guidelines and regulations to staff.
- Reviews department operations to ensure compliance with applicable CARF standards and federal and state regulations
- Certification as a Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) and Advance Degree in Social work, Psychology or Behavioral Science preferred.
- Two (2) years professional experience as a Substance Abuse Counselor
- Experience working with the offender and mental health population.
- Familiar with and utilizes motivational and empowering techniques with staff and clients. Familiar with Contingency Management approaches to reinforcing positive and negative behavior with clients.
- Must pass a background check and be able to work with adults
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks
- Ability to work with a various personalities, flexible, and positive
- Experience and/or comfort in facilitating groups
- Computer skills such as familiarity with MS office programs and internet required.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
INTAKE COUNSELOR – (WAIPAHU, FULL-TIME)Click to see more
Under the supervision of the Manager of Adult Services, provides substance abuse screening and assessment in accordance with Hina Mauka policies and procedures and will protect the confidentiality of clients and client records in accordance with all applicable federal regulations.
Interviews will be conducted via ZOOM.
Evaluates potential substance abuse clients in the screening process utilization a bio-psycho-social assessment to determine each client’s need for treatment and level of motivation and makes recommendations for appropriate level of care.
Conducts initial screenings for potential dually diagnosed clients to determine each client’s need for treatment and level of care and coordinates through MedicalDirector, Psychiatric R.N., and other community psychiatric professional as needed.
Coordinates with insurance/case management offices for approval of care reimbursements for clients; coordinates updates for additional requests for payment authorization as necessary.
Coordinates with administration, business and clinical team to implement the intake process through direct consultation with the Admission Supervisor, and Manager, Adult Services.
Maintains relationships and communicates with referral sources regarding prospective client to ascertain treatment history/goals.
Maintains client records in accordance with Hina Mauka policies and procedures and in compliance with all state and federal laws, licensing and accreditation standards, and contract stipulations.
Consults with and reports to Manager of Adult Services regarding potential clients in the process of intake to confirm acceptance or rejection of clients into programs. Documents and justifies acceptance/rejection of each applicant.
Informs administrative staff of each new admission to notify special needs and/or problems.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience and Training:
Certification as a Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) and/or Advance Degree in Social work, Psychology or Behavioral Science preferred
Eligible for certification in CPR and First Aid.
Valid Driver’s License and clean driving abstract.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work with and relate to clients with substance abuse disorders, including dually diagnosed and the criminal population.
Ability to respond calmly and efficiently to stressful situations with crisis management skills.
Well organized and able to maintain accurate and concise records.
Able to work with a multidisciplinary team
Efficient in Microsoft Programming and familiar with Electronic Health Record systems.
Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 pounds); occasional standing/walking; occasionally lifts supplies/equipment. May be exposed to infectious and contagious disease. May perform emergency care.
We offer a robust benefits package to our regular, full-time employees.
Paid Time Off and Holidays. Hina Mauka offers very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) -22 days in the first year, and 15 Paid Holidays
Health Insurance and AFLAC. HMSA/Kaiser medical. HDS Dental.
Employee Assistance Program. Training. Support is available for work-related workshops.
Retirement Plan. A 403(b) plan that allows for pre-tax contributions by the employee for deferred tax saving.
Life Insurance. Group life insurance is offered at no cost to the employee.
Other benefits. Family and medical leave, worker’s compensation, TDI, bereavement leave, jury duty pay.
Please email your resume and/or cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $19.00 per hour
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR – (KAILUA, WCCC)Click to see more
Hina Mauka seeks a Substance Abuse Counselor to provide adult substance abuse treatment in our Therapeutic Community at the Women’s Correctional Center in Kailua.
Deliver care including treatment planning, group and individual counseling
Case management for immediate needs
Communication with collaterals including parole board and case managers
Engage family in discharge planning through family sessions when indicated
Crisis counseling and discharge planning
Timely and sufficient documentation including treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, and reports to collaterals.
Must pass a background check and be able to work with adults
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Ability to take initiative and complete tasks
Ability to work with a various populations, flexible, and positive
Experience with adults, mental health, and/or substance abuse
Experience and/or comfort in facilitating groups
Computer skills such as familiarity with MS office programs and internet required.
CSAC or Master’s Degree preferred. BA in related field with experience may also apply.
Please email resume and cover letter.
TREATMENT ASSOCIATES PER DIEM – KANEOHEClick to see more
Purpose of the position
Treatment Associates are the front line staff who deal directly with our clients. Treatment Associates monitors client activities during non-structured program hours and is responsible for the security and physical conditions of the living environment, and for the safety and well-being of the residential clients. They are able to protect the confidentiality of clients and client records in accordance with all applicable federal regulations. Treatment Associates are expected to participate in job activities with a solution focused attitude that demonstrates respect and positive engagement.
- Serves as the on-duty staff member during non-structured program hours.
- Responsible for managing crisis and other emergencies in the facility and consulting/notifying appropriate program staff.
- Responsible for the fire and safety watch, responding to any client problems and providing appropriate documentation according to companies policies and procedures.
- Provides support to clients during non-structured programming as needed.
- Interprets program handbook to clients. Maintains communication between clients and other staff.
- Maintains clients records, contributes to progress notes, and conducts chart audits.
- Escorts clients to 12 Step meetings, other program functions, and outside functions as needed.
- Coordinates and supervises client activities during non-structured program hours.
- Under the direction of the Medical Director, via R.N., monitors the condition of minor medical conditions. Consults with and reports to R.N. and/or Medical Director regarding client conditions and need for medical attention. Arranges for client transportation for emergency medical care.
- One year experience in a substance abuse treatment setting or psychiatric treatment setting preferred.
- Eligible for certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Valid Hawaii State driver’s license and a current clean abstract.
- Ability to work with and relate to clients with substance abuse disorders, including dually diagnosed.
- Ability to respond calmly and efficiently to stressful situations with crisis management skills.
- Well organized and able to maintain accurate and concise records.
- Ability to be a team-player.
For a list of current employment opportunities at Hina Mauka, please visit
Attention: Human Resources
45-845 Po’okela Street
Kāne‘ohe, Hawai‘i 96744
Tel: (808) 236-2600
Fax: (808) 236-0495